chocolate cake recipe and added to it to give it that S'more taste.
To make your own S'more cupcakes here is what you will need:
- 3/4 cup of room temperature butter, and 3 tablespoons
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of good vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 bag of large marshmallows
- 1 box of vanilla wafers
- 1 stand or hand mixer
- 1 spatula
- 2 cupcake tins
- 1 package of paper cupcake holders
- 1, 1 quart saucepan
- 1 medium sized bowl
- 1 cooling rack
- 1 cupcake scooper or 2 large spoons
- 1 wooden spoon
For the chocolate cake:
- Combine all of your dry ingredients, except the sugar, into a medium sized bowl and set aside. This includes the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Using your mixer beat the 3/4 cup of butter on high speed for 30 seconds, no more no less. Then lower your speed to medium and begin to add your sugar 1/4 cup at a time. After all of the sugar is in, let the butter and sugar mix for 2 minutes. Occasionally scrape the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is mixed well.
- After 2 minutes keep the mixer going and add your eggs one at a time. Once those are incorporated add your vanilla.
- Now, lower your speed to the lowest setting. Grab your dry ingredient mixture and milk and add them to the mixture, alternating. After everything is added allow your mixer to mix for an additional 20 seconds.
- Now you are ready to pour your batter. When you scoop it out it should almost have a mouse like texture and taste delicious!
- Fill your paper cups half way up with batter.
- In the six cups you DID NOT put a wafer, crush up 4-5 wafers and sprinkle a little bit over each batter. Using the end of a spoon mix the wafer into the batter.
- Now bake your cupcakes at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until they spring back from your touch.
|Vanilla wafers were crushed and|
added to this cupcake's batter.
- Once it is melted add your bag of marshmallows and continuously stir until they have melted.
- Turn off your heat and grab your first cupcake.
- Dip it into the marshmallow top side down. You may have to spin the cupcake a little in order to get the cupcake completely covered.